Looking for Smoked Chicken? Try this one to delight your guests.
Smoked Chicken Recipe
- 4 large chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Chili pepper flakes
- 6 finely chopped garlic cloves
For this recipe, combine chicken and all ingredients in a large plastic bag and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Proceed by soaking a few wood chips for at least one hour before placing breasts on BBQ.
When ready, place hot coals to one side, (indirect method add a few wood chips to the coals and install top grill.
Remove chicken breasts from plastic bag and place them on (indirect side) of the grill away from hot coals for 10-15 minutes per side and grill with lid closed and cook until tender, brushing them occasionally with marinade, then serve.
Vermont Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb. thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Light a hot fire in a barbecue grill.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish, blend together the chili sauce, oil, maple syrup and vinegar. Dip the chicken in the sauce to coat completely.
Grill the chicken for a total of about 6 minutes, turning and often brushing with the sauce, until the chicken is nicely browned and cooked through.
(Stop basting at least 1 minute before removing the food from the grill, so that the marinade is fully cooked.)
Serves up to 4 people.