For 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking method: indirect and direct heat
Barbecue time: about 45 minutes
- approx. 800 g of the porterhouse steak
- pepper white
- olive oil
Ingredients of green asparagus:
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp grated zest of an organic lemon
- 1 tsp medium hot mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly grated white pepper
750 g fresh green asparagus
Recipe for asparagus:
1. Put all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and mix. Stir with a whisk until everything is evenly distributed.
2. Wash the green asparagus and cut approx. 1 – 2 cm from the hard end. Do not peel the asparagus.
3. Brush the asparagus with a brush and the marinade from each side and let it soak for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
4. Now take the asparagus and grill it (same time when you fry the steak) on direct heat from each side for about 4 – 5 minutes.
5. After grilling it from both sides, place the asparagus in a heap over indirect heat. This then pulls through again with the steak and is therefore nice and soft. You can also take out the asparagus after grilling and serve it cold.
1. Take the wrong porterhouse and rub it on each side with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Season each side vigorously with fresh white pepper and salt from the mill. Rub the spices into the meat. Leave the prepared meat at room temperature for an hour.
2. Preheat the grill to approx. 200 – 230 degrees. (For meat and asparagus)
3. Sear the steak on direct heat and with the lid closed for approx. 6-8 minutes on each side.
Then let the meat continue to cook at indirect heat and approx. 100 degrees. If you have a grill thermometer , then please set your desired degree of cooking. Without a grill thermometer and with a meat thickness of approx. 5 cm you need 30 minutes for medium.
4. Before you cut the meat, let it rest for another 3-4 minutes.
Enjoy your meal!